Knot Rolls with Parsley and Garlic Butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup melted butter for topping
- garlic salt to taste
- Heat milk too a simmer on the stovetop. Add the butter to the milk, stirring until the butter melts. Stir in the honey. Pour the milk into the bowl of a stand mixer to cool a bit. When the milk has cooled to room temperature, sprinkle the yeast over the top. Swirl the bowl a couple of times, then let the yeast sit and foam for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast looks foamy, add in the eggs and salt. Then place a bread hook on your mixer and turn the mixer on low. Slowly add the flour until the dough comes away from the sides into a ball but is still sticky. Once the dough pulls away from the bowl, cover the bowl with a damp towel and let it rise until it has doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and cut into 32 equal pieces.
- Gently roll into short ropes and tie into knots. Allow the rolls to rise a second time for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Once the rolls have risen the second time, bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Melt some butter and add garlic salt to taste and fresh parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!