This recipe was incredible and so insanely tender and flavorful! It’s a great recipe for a crowd or even a Sunday lunch meal to prep before going to church and bake while you’re gone. Note that if you don’t want the sauce to be too lemony, just do 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Taste as you go! This chicken dish is paired really nicely with roasted potatoes or could be served over pasta or rice.
Lemon Cream Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts or 8 tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Creamy Lemon Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season both sides of the chicken. Dredge the seasoned chicken in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken on both sides until golden. Do not cook all the way through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add chicken broth and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Taste it and add the second tablespoon of lemon juice if desired.
- Bring to a slight simmer and then add heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Add chicken to a baking dish and pour the sauce over top. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350.
Recipe courtesy of