Sour Cream Twists
The perfect breakfast or brunch treat for a crowd!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 cup sour cream (room temp)
- 6 Tbsp shortening
- 9 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/8 + 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/2 Tbsp yeast
- 8-9 cups flour
- cinnamon and brown sugar
- melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2-3 lbs powdered sugar
- milk (to desired consistency)
- Mix water, sour cream, shortening, sugar, salt, baking soda, and eggs together.
- Add yeast and flour. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Let dough rise until doubled.
- Roll out in long narrow strip brush half with butter sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon cover with opposite half pinch ends and cut and twist.
- Bake convection at 330 for 11 minutes.
- While they bake, mix together your frosting.
- Cool slightly, then frost!