Growing up, Mom would alter recipes to make them healthier for us kids – always cutting back the sugar! Now, I’m doing the same thing for my kids. This granola is delicious and no one would guess it’s healthy.
Healthier Maple Cinnamon Granola
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl. Then mix all together.
- Pour onto a greased cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 300 for 45 minutes-1 hour or until golden brown. Do not stir.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Break into smaller pieces.