A quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
Traditionally this recipe calls for sirloin, but you can use any cut of a tender steak. You can also use pork tenderloin if you’d like. This also freezes very well if you’re looking to meal prep.
Ground beef is also a great option for an even quicker meal! You don’t have to marinade the ground beef ahead of time. Just brown it and add the marinade after it’s done cooking.
This meal is great served with white rice and a side of steamed peas, broccoli or green beans.
- 2 lbs sirloin steak
- 1 T fresh minced ginger
- 1 T fresh minced garlic
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. sesame oil
- Green onions for garnish
- Slice beef into thin strips and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Add marinade to the beef and marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Heat up your frying pan (a wok is best) until close to smoking. You won't need to add oil to the pan since there is oil in the marinade.
- Add in your meat and marinade and cook until brown. This only takes a few minutes. Be careful not to overcook the meat or it will become chewy.
- Remove from heat and serve over white rice. Top with green onions.